The Associate Manager Supply Chain is responsible for overseeing and managing company’s supply chain and maximizing its effectiveness in order to meet the demands of a rapidly growing production/manufacturing operation. In addition, they play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors.
- Develops appropriate supply chain strategy to maximize operations efficiency at the lowest cost.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production, and distribution capabilities, transportation cost, and supplier’s reputation and performance history.
- Review and negotiate vendor changes and costing structures to ensure best price, deliver, and quality are achieved.
- Ensure timely updates to all contracts, current costs, and purchase orders.
- Communicate with external suppliers and with internal purchasing department to develop sourcing strategies in sync with department and company business plans.
- Ensure supply contingency plans and strategy are up-to date and easily activated in the event primary suppliers are unable to perform as required.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Negotiate resolution with suppliers relative to quality and service issues. Provide feedback to senior level representatives of suppliers on quality and delivery performance to assure continuous improvement in those areas.
- Maintain good relationship with vendor and suppliers.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency through technological advances or process changes.
- Minimum DAE or Preferably Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration or related field from a reputable recognized institution.
- Minimum 02 years of work experience in relevant field.
- Team player with the ability to build and leverage internal and external alliances.
- Methodical thinker with ability to provide thoughtful analysis and insights
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Exhibits excellent communication and presentation skills commensurate with the high level of professionalism.