Main domain/Job field
The Mechanical Design Engineer will work in design, prototyping, testing and evaluation, BOM generation, assembly process documentation and Tooling of serial production of Optoelectrical products/systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Design and analyze mechanical parts and assemblies according to shared requirements/specifications in Solidworks
Coordination with multidisciplinary teams to understand design constraints.
Reviews design and documentation to ensure compliance with design criteria and standards set by product architect.
Creates documents (BOM, Assembly process, Quality control procedures)
Performs and assists quality control of prototype parts.
Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design documentation, design testing and prototype assembly.
Creation and review of 2D drawings of the mechanical components for manufacturing.
Transition of product design from preliminary stage to mass production phase.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline from accredited university
• 3-4 years experience in relevant field.
• Design and analysis experience of computer aided design tools (preferably Solidworks).
• Knowledge of leading-edge materials and manufacturing technologies.
• Strong technical skills in the areas of robust design (shock and vibration).
• Experience with GD&T and stack tolerance analysis.
• Experience with design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for Assembly (DFA).
• Basic knowledge of FEA, Vibrational and structural analysis.
• Knowledge about selection of commonly used standard mechanical components such as fasteners, springs etc.
• Knowledge of material selection approach (including Aluminum, Steel, other metal alloys and plastics)
• Strong communication and leadership, having hands on approach for problem solving.
Employment type: Permanent
Professional category: Mechanical Engineering
Part time / Full time: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates